Simple snake oil detection

Hi there were soooo many posts asking af any given device, toy, tweak or component is snake oil.
I’m not considered to be disbeliever or engineering guru at all. All I know and use is elementary math.

If an amp worth more than new Bmw, I can kinda take that with grain of salt, but if a wire is worth more than stainway grand, I am DEFINITELY sure snake oil is there without even questioning if this particular product makes sense 

So now any audio device can be plugged into the detection formula above to truthfully define snake oil. All you need to know is product name, description and asking price.

czarivey
@cleeds

I have the entire transcript myself. There is a difference between "offering" and "promoting". Nevertheless, believe whatever you like. Note my insistence on legal council ensures *your* interests are upheld.

Presumably this post is within forum guideline and wouldn’t be removed.
audiogon moderators only remove posts that have been flagged by members.

Perhaps if certain participants stopped invading other threads with their petty squabbles they would not have so many posts removed?

folkfreak
audiogon moderators only remove posts that have been flagged by members.

Huh? What? How do you know? That would be a shame since that means members can weild a lot of power in arguments. Too much power. I trust you’re wrong.
“On the walls of the cave only the shadows are the truth.” - Plato

Look, it takes an enormous amount of energy for an electron to ascend to a higher electron shell. That’s a basic law of atomic physics. Thus it is with folks who are either struggling away in Mid Fi Land or who have just plain given up. They rail against the notion of a higher energy shell or a brighter future for all mankind and believe the whole idea must have been fabricated by wicked money grubbing cable and tweak salesmen hoping to cash in on the tender vulnerabilities of weak and naive audiophiles. I don’t wish to paint an overly dramatic view of this predicament but I think there are glaring similarities between the angst and frivolity expressed by the tweak skeptics and the townsfolk in The Invasion of the Body Snatchers. 😩

A technology only has to be a little bit more advanced that current thought to be considered indistinguishable from magic or a hoax. - old audiophile axiom