Simaudio's New Moon 700i Integrated

Simaudio just announced the new Moon 700i integrated. It is above the i-7 and has more power. Has anyone heard or seen the new model. I'm trading my i-7 in for one of these new unit in the next month. Can't wait!\

They are also coming out with a Moon 750D DAC/Transport as well. Which I'm going to order as well. Any one see this one as well? THANKS!
joeyboynj
Hi Rich, yes I have had many amp and pre-amp set ups. Recently, I have been enjoying the simplicity and savings of not having to worry about an extra interconnect, power cable, footers and shelf space. I think high end integrated amplifiers/preamps offer same performance as separates especially in my small room. If I was using this system in a much larger room I would have separates.
I was hoping they were going to incorporate a USB DAC in the same chasis, a true one box solution.
10-12-09: Joeyboynj
Hi Rich, yes I have had many amp and pre-amp set ups. Recently, I have been enjoying the simplicity and savings of not having to worry about an extra interconnect, power cable, footers and shelf space. I think high end integrated amplifiers/preamps offer same performance as separates especially in my small room. If I was using this system in a much larger room I would have separates.
I cannot agree more with the above. I have owned quite a few separates, though not top-class equipment but of good quality. My current integrated amp beats them all in terms of musicality and coherency. If the volume is not needed ie. efficient speakers in small to mid-sized room, good integrateds make a sensible choice.

Sorry, don't have any input on the Moon 700i.
According to Simaudio's site, there is no DAC incorporated into the Moon i700. There is also no mention of a USB port on the chassis.

http://www.simaudio.com/xfer_integrateds.htm

Other than that, it looks like a nice unit.
Br3098, were were talking about both the 700i integrated and the 750D transport/DAC.

Its the 750D that has the DAC and USB ports.
The retail prices just came out. $11,500 each.

Looks like I'm not upgrading, especially since they are not offering me a trade up program like they do on other equipment. Bummer!
Joeyboynj...i talked to my local Simaudio dealer and he said they are coming out with a DAC based on the 750D architecture (i.e., ESS Sabre 32-bit DAC with their asynchronous jitter elimination design) that should come in at the $3K range sometime in 2010. Their current new 300D DAC is based on the BurrBrown PCM 1793 DAC chip similar to what they use in their Moon CD 1 player. I am going to audition the 300D but my sense is it's probably going to be similar to current offerings in the $1-$2K range (Benchmark, Bryston, etc...). If the 750D is all it's cracked out to be and you don't need a transport, then waiting for the stripped down DAC based on the same architecture may be the way to go. At least that's how I am thinking about it.
What I heard from a dealer in Montreal, it should retail for about $1500 CDN.

Pat