Simaudio Moon 600i v2 VS Naim Supernait 3 for Dyanudio C20s

Hello Everyone,
I have narrowed it down to two int amps for my contour 20 speakers. My current room is 15 x 20ish and I am trying to decide between simaudio moon 600i v2 or the supernait 3. I have listened to them at different times in different stores but with the same speakers so I cant directly compare. I am looking for blacker backgrounds, better separation good bass control and of course good vocals etc.. I have bluesound node 2i connected to an external dac. I am strictly intersted in these 2 int amps. I know Simaudio is almost twice as expensive (if both units are bought brand new) but either could be had as used for a lot cheaper than their MSRP.
Any recommendations and experiences would be highly recommended. Again I am only intersted in simaudio 600i v2 or the supernait 3.

Thank you thank you!!!
Danny
danimaz
So you’ve used the services of a couple of dealers to hear the amps but still can’t make up your mind and have no intention of buying from either whichever you decide?
@yeti42 - Different music played in different rooms with different room treatments so it is difficult to compare side by side.(if you reread my statement above). Both sounded great!
What I want to know if power is going to be an issue with supernait 3 when it comes to control and dynamics at mid to higher volumes as dyns are 86db sensitive?
Both sound great but I just wanna be sure before i buy either because I am going to be keeping it for a long long time. 
How comes you didn't answer this basic question from your own demos?

You've auditioned two amps; one amp twice the cost of the other, and liked them both, and remain interested only in deciding between these two products. This thread is strange.
@motokokokokousanagiiiigabcdefghijklmonp
Please share rules for an open public form. How can I make this thread ’unstrange’

For one, you shouldn’t need to ask anyone which amp you preferred the sound of! You did the demos; you should have a good idea of how these amps performed respectively with soundstaging and separation.

Second, it’s odd that you compare amps of such different price brackets, but also will not consider anything else in that range, e.g. if you like Naim, why not also demo Naim components of equal value to the Simaudio?

Third, if your real quesiton is the ability of the Supernait to drive the Contours, well again, you did the demo! Did they sound like they were clipping at high volume? Did it run out of headroom at high volume? Did you hear distortion in the speakers? Did the amp go into shutdown mode after some short period of time? Did the Simaudio have a better sense of control and ease of listening compared to the Naim? Do you even listen at very high volume? What distance are your speakers from your couch?

Crudely, if you sit up to 3 meters away (9-10db loss), you’d need 58w to hit 100db for these speakers (the same volume as a jack-hammer!). Supernait 3 shows 130w into 4ohms, so should have more than enough "power", assuming the amp is able to deliver the required current without distortion or thermal shutdown.
whats wrong with asking ppl on forums of what their thoughts are on A vs B? 
Not all watts are created equal. Its all about the current and the quality of power supply. 
For the 3rd time I listened to these two units weeks apart in different places with different music so I dont understand whats the big deal here? 
Anyways I've made my decision and I am extremely happy it. 
Thanks for all your inputs. 
the simaudio moon 600i v2. Wasn't a fair comparison as the 600i is twice as expensive!
Thanks for following up.  I have the Simaudio 600i (V1) and am thrilled with it.
Hi danimaz. If I'm reading this and some past posts correctly,  you've moved from an Octave v70se to a Simaudio 600i v2 on your Dynaudio Contour 20 speakers. I'm looking at a new integrated for some recently acquired Contour 30s, and I happen to be looking at exactly those amps as good candidates. Would you be willing to share your experience with the Octave and then Simaudio? How was the Octave pairing and what made you look for something new? What does the Simaudio bring to the table that you prefer to, or maybe don't like as much as, the Octave.

Any info appreciated! 
Post removed 
Did you tip the salespeople who demo'd amps for you so you could buy online or used?
Hi denverfred,

Not sure if that question is directed at my recent post, nor if you're asking a general etiquette question. If you're asking whether or not it's proper etiquette to tip a dealer for demoing a product you intend to purchase elsewhere, that may be something you and the dealer can work out. That's not my situation and doesn't really have a bearing on my question.

If you have experience with Octave or Simaudio amps and Dynaudio Contours, I'd welcome any experience you have.
The Simaudio for sure without a doubt. I have the i5.3 which is fantastic, essentially predating the 600i with the exception of independent toroidal transformers per channel. The Sim dual-mono design is amongst some of the best money can buy. The volume and balance control designs alone on the 600i V2 are a win out. Moon equipment also holds it's value better than most gear out there in the long run. Much more exclusive company.
probably late, curious to know what you got, but from my experience, I have the 600i v1 and love it. I found it pairs extremely well with Dynaudio.
I think finding the right combination/synergy is almost as important as what "sounds good"
The only 2 I was comparing with was with the Moon and Hegel H390. 
I have a demo now of 600i v1 and like it a lot, but also considering the Hegel h390 or h590.
Would appreciate your comparison of 600i and Hegel.

Thanks,

Louis
This post is about affirmation period.

so buy the Moon at twice the price it is after all how you judge sound is by the $$$$$ spent right?
That seems like an odd comparison. So you went with the 600i, which I would say would be an embarrassment if the Moon didn't win out there at twice the cost.
I would have suggested you try the Naim separates vs the 600i at that price point.

It really comes down to system matching, but I would have been more interested in a shootout between the 340i and the Supernait 3.

I've heard those both with Spendor A7 and D7.2. Both sounded fantastic, but to my ears the Supernait 3 sounded better with the Spendor D7.2, and the Moon 340i drove the A7s better.

It's a tough call, but you should go with the ones that drive your speakers to perform to your liking.