Simaudio 810lp vs. Brinkmann Edison phono stage

Has anyone compared the Simaudio 810lp phono stage vs. Brinkmann Edison phono stage, or other similarly priced and performing phono stages, tube or solid state.

Using MC cart, balanced or unbalanced.

Thanks on advance for your comments.
jon47
Dear @gmercer :  This thread came from 2014 but your question is valid and I'm asking my self why you are asking for the Edison when that 810LP is way way superior unit.

First the 810LP is a SS design and a true dual mono fully diferential unit where the Edison is not a true balanced unit but only has an aditional stage for phase inversion that does not makes true balanced unit as the 810LP that has all the balanced advantages in a critical stage as is to handle a cartridge signal.

The Edison has another disadvantages as it's its very high output impedance that develops a lost in the high frequency range trhough the IC cable.  Edison has 600ohms to 1kohms against the e3xcellent 50ohm output impedance in the 810LP. The are using in its unit. noise levels in the Edison is higher than the noise levels in the 810LP and something that " disturb " me about the Edison is that they do not disclose the unit RIAA inverse eq. deviation and perhaps because is a high one due to the RIAA topology they  are using. The 810LP deviation is a low 0.1db.

In the other side the Edison is a Hybbrid design with SS and tube devices. The worst place to handle an audio signal is in a phono stage no matters what.

So, do it your self a favor and try to find out a second hand 810LP or a current Simaudio phono stage model.

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/simaudio-moon-810lp-phono-preamplifier/

look the sorrounded 810LP system links.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTION,
R.

Raul, I have no comment on your other statements, but 600 to 1000 ohms is not really a problem for driving almost any amplifier one might want to use, including solid state types.  Not many amplifiers present an input impedance below 10K ohms.  Even such an amplifier, if it does exist, could be driven pretty well from a 1000-ohm source.  So, I would not eliminate the Brinkmann from consideration solely based on that parameter. But that's just my opinion.

As an aside, I also have to wonder at your statement: "The worst place to handle an audio signal is in a phono stage no matters what."  Do you know of any phono stages that don't handle audio signals?  If so, what are they handling?
Dear @lewm  : Problem with high output impedance in a preamp is that high frequency range could be affected through the signal " trip " in the IC to de amp not that exist or could exist a problem with the amp.

The worst place to use tubes is at phono stage units.

R.
I think Helmut Brinkmann is not only a great engineer but a musical vinyl fanatic, always always great sounding gear IMO

Dear @gestalt : That 810LP outperforms easily the Lamm  or any other tube alternative. Tubes are not for phono stage that you like it does not means is rigth because is a wrong wrong way to go when today exist several SS good designs for that cartridge handled.

R.
Raul, you’re correct but my point was that a preamp with an output impedance of 1000 ohms can drive even as low as a 10K load without problems of the sort you mentioned. And  the great majority of amplifiers especially including solid state ones, have an input impedance well above 10K.
Raul, Interesting take. I find Brinkmann to generally be incredibly well built and engineered, the turntables particularly so, and it caught my attention that Brinkmann himself refers to the Edison as his "definitive statement to the analog art", given the magnitude of his turntables. But I also heard the Edison could be prone to certain noisiness. I ended up with the FM 123 which is en route. 
Dear @gmercer : You can't took a better decision that your waiting FM123, congratulations for it. The FM electronics are " light years " a head of that B tube unit.

R.
Hi Gmercer. I not familiar with the unit you are going with, but I can tell you that I owned a Brinkmann Edison briefly which I purchased second hand, purely on reputation. I have great respect for Brinkmann turntables and arms but the Edison was a significant disappointment. I found it detailed but rather etched and cold sounding in my system. Not my cup of tea.