Sim W-5 vs Pass X250 / X350 with Dyn C-4

Has anyone used a Pass Labs X250 or X350 with the Confidence series of Dynaudio speakers?

I currently have a Simaudio W-5 driving my C4's. On occasion with 2-channel music, where I run the speakers full range, it seems to possibly run just a tad short of punch and I was considering a more powerful amplifier and was looking at the Pass Lab X250 or X350. For movies I have never noticed any shortness of punch, but for movies I run the C-4's crossed over at 40 Hz and the lower end routed to the sub.

I would love to move to the Simaudio W-8 or a pair of W-6, but the cost, even for a used unit, is beyond what I want to pay.

The thing I like is the Simaudio W-5 mates well with my Simaudio Titan that is driving the center speaker (Confidence Center) for movies and I might not get that match with a Pass Labs unit. It also drives the surrounds and rears.

Any thoughts or experience on the mattter would be beneficial to my decision.

Current System:
Preamp/processor - Anthem Statement D2v
CD Player - Arcam CD192
DVD Player - Denon 5900
Preamp/Amp Interconnects - Balanced - Canare
Speaker Wire - Kimber 8TC for fronts
cyclonemike

Showing 1 response by hevac1

Before you trade out your amp you might want to try differant interconnects. In the past I felt the Canare cable to be on the lean side and restricked the bottom end.
It did great things with the mids to treble but not the bass.