Sim W-3, W5 vs Classe 201

Which one is better to drive B&W 804 Nautilus? And why?
Anyone compare the two? Thanks
goone30cea3

Showing 3 responses by msnloeth

You can not go wrong with the Sim Audio W-5. I bought one about a year ago and totally quit trying to upgrade my system. Since I got it, all I do is listen and enjoy. The resale value is in line with other manufacturers. Most of the used units you see for sale are listed at the price of a new unit in Canada. The Levinson stuff does not compare with the Sim Audio products. I've seen and heard this product line and was not impressed. Try the Sim W-5. Excellent build quality, great sound and looks.
Lev335..The Sim Audio W-5 is rated class A and if it upsets you that I prefer it over your brand then I guess you just better grow up and get over it. Its too bad people like you are so insecure that they use forums like this to get others to agree with their (sometimes questionable)buying decisions. I believe Goone30's origional post had to do with Sim Audio vs. Classe equipment. What does that have to do with you owning Levinson equipment? Tell it to some one who cares.
MSNLoeth
I've been on this site for years now and seldom if ever get involved in these discussions. I only offered my opinion because Sim Audio equipment is too often knocked based on its (perceived)resale value. Comparing the cost of a used piece of equipment to its List Price does not always give accurate results. If the cost of the Levinson 335 and the Sim Audio W-5 were the same I probably would own the ML too. Factor in cost however and at least for me it is a different story. To Lev 335... sorry for jumping all over you following your initial post. My initial take on your post was incorrect and after reading it again you were probably were being more fair than I initially thought. As far as my post being ignorant I guess it was (at the time)intended to be. Sorry about that. I'm going to listen to some music now....