Gryphon Tabo
Wilson act 1
NBS cables.
grange
Bwhite
Ihave Bought the bow at a very good price,i have just
been offerd a Gryphon CDp1,have you had any Experience
with this.hope to here.
Hi Grange, The Gryphon CD player is one I have never listened to. Gryphon is tough to find in the US.

How is the BOW?
HI Bwhite,This Bow is much better with the new 24-192
Dacs, than the old one.its still running in,so far very
pleased.But i have been offerd the Gryphon Tabo Cd,which
it will mach the amp!I will try and demo.
Hi Grange,
I own a Sim Audio CD player... Before I say anything, just remember that CD players (like any other components) are system sensitive and the rest of the system will make a difference... I was looking into buying one of those CD players:
-Oracle Delphi (around $7,000US)
-Sim Audio Eclipse CD player ($4,600US)
-Wadia 861 ($7,350)

A few specifics: The Sim Audio uses the same transports as the Oracle (CD-pro 12) and it has the has an huge external yet extremely silent power supply (Oracle uses the same kind of power supply).

Frankly, the Wadia KICKS ASS... but the price is a bit steep... I ended up buying the Sim Audio. Altough the Wadia sounds a bit better than the Sim Audio, the price difference versus the sound difference was too big to consider the Wadia.

The Sim audio has amazing resolution and the image is pretty wide (not as quite as the Wadia but close)... Also, the Bass is pretty deep with this unit. I remember an A-gon user was saying the opposite about the base. Out of the 3 CDPs I auditionned, the Sim seemed to have the most dynamic bass (in this comparison, the rest of the system remained the same).

One more thing, the Sim Audio was at least sonically on par with the Oracle CDP. On the other hand, the Sim Audio looks like a piece of Sh!t compared to the Oracle (anyway, I can't think of any CDP that looks as good as the Oracle).

I did not auditionned the Aero Capitole but I'm sure it's really amazing (based on reviews). I guess budget comes into play at one point (even more important when new source formats are coming out)...

One more thing, since canadian dollar is DARN cheap, you can probably grab a used Sim CD from your northern neighbors for peanuts.

By the way, here's the system I auditionned the CD players.

YBA Passion Integre amplification
Verity Audio Fidelio (I also auditionned the Parsifal)
Siltech Sq-88 ICs
Siltech LS-120 speaker cables...
Siltech SPO-18 power cables...

Happy shopping.
Grange- e-mail me @ [email protected] if you want to discuss- I used to own the Eclipse, and now have the Capitole. I can explain the Eclipse's benefits in detail (used DCSD Purcell upsampler with it, etc.).