Sim Audio I-5.3 vs Anthem 225 vs Creek Destiny 2

I have no access to auditioning the above integrated amps. I am very familiar with Creek's SE5350 Classic integrated. The Sim and Anthem products I only know by reviews. The Anthem's price at $1595 is very reasonable considering you get a decent MC/MM phono stage and 225 RMS. However for every great review of the Anthem, I have read and heard negatives on some audio blogs about its sound and its unruly volume control. The Sim audio seems like a nice, well built product but I can only afford a used I-5.3; the new Sim integrated at $6000-8000 featured in TAS last month is way beyond my budget. I would appreciate all comments from owners or auditioners of these products. Thank you, Jim
sunnyjim

Showing 1 response by meiwan

Each of the amps you mention are nice, but can sound lean. The 5350 is a nice piece, the Destiny is better, but after a 2 week trial (with a burned in unit), I found it tends to accentuate the top end at the expense of the mid-range. I've owned an 1.5 which was lovely, albeit a touch clinical. If you'd like something a little more balanced sounding - give an Exposure 3010s2 a try. It's priced lower than the destiny and Moon but to my ears, is a better piece.