silver vs copper ICs

I am trying to narrow down my IC choices. Are there different sonic characteristics between these two. If so what are they. What about silver plated copper?
kadlec

Showing 1 response by ton1313

Go to ebay and do a search for "Cableplex", These are custom made silver-plated copper interconnects that are a fraction of the price. I compaired the basic cable that Matthew Kim makes to a Kimber Hero, and Matt's cable was much more detailed. He offers a few different models and they all sound great. My entire system is done in them (AMP, Pre-AMP, Transport, DAC, etc.). I just compaired a balanced basic cable to a Madrigal balanced MDC-1 cable, from my CD transport to the DAC, and I could not easily tell the difference (except in my pocket), my wife thinks Matt's cable has more detail than the Madrigal. He also makes power cords that have very nice craftsmanship. I use these on my CAL Audio delta / Alpha combo, they smoothed out some of the ariness in female vocals. I have a lot of friends and family that are also using these cables and for the performance to price ratio there are no complaints.