Silver Speaker Cables

I would like to try silver speaker cables. I have always been curious as to how they would affect the sound of my system. That said, I have a very limited budget. Is there such a thing as low priced silver cables? If so, recommendations?

Thanks all!

gnoworyta

Try Vogue Audio 12 awg Pure Silver Speaker Cables, Power Cables, and Interconnects.

Isn’t 12 AWG solid silver something like a half-pound of silver per 2m pair? Kind of hard to believe their prices, with such high raw material cost leaving a VERY slim margin for processing, labor and other materials. But, if that’s legit - then bravo to Vogue! You certainly won’t get that anywhere else for near the price point.

EDIT: Their website has recently been updated with the following, which can explain slow email responses:

Vogue Audio operations are closed until October 1, 2022 due to Category 3 Hurricane Ian.

Actually their webpage says 11AWG 7N OCC silver!? Their shop is still down so I can‘t see the prices. However, manufacturing a 2m set of AWG11 of 7N OCC silver is extremely expensive. Another thing is that finding a manufacturer that reliable manufacture 7N OCC is next to impossible. Wanlung (Neotech) make 6N silver, and they are considered to be the best in the game. I have seen several adverts over at AliExpress claiming silver wires with 7N purity. Nahh...

I am in the cable business myself, so I know how expensive it all gets when you try to exceed 5N in silver.

@whistleraudio 

Once you reach a certain degree of silver wire purity is there a discernible audible difference in your opinion? For example 5N compared with 7N. I have a Vogue Audio 7N OCC silver power cable and it’s very good ​​​​​​. But I feel the same with regard to my  Lavricables power cables which are 5N silver. I can affirm that both are very high quality excellent products.

Charles 

@charles1dad I gotta ask, how do the Vogue and Lavri compare? They both seem to offer high-quality silver cables at really reasonable prices with Vogue upping the game, but also the price, in using pricier silver. Is the performance notably better? I’m inferring from your comment that the differences are small, but I’d love to hear your thoughts. BTW, I own several LavriCables from headphone, to balanced interconnects, to USB and all are outstanding for performance/value IMHO, but if Vogue is better I’ll definitely look that way in the future.

@soix

I need a 20 amp rated power cable for my isolation balanced AC transformer to wall outlet. I wanted to use the Lavricable Grand but it is a 15 amp max power cable, thus the Vogue Audio. I have the Grands on my components. So, I have not compared them directly. I strongly suspect they are sonically on par with each.

I do not feel I can make a definitive judgement between them as they’re in different system locations/functions. However, I am very confident in saying that both are excellent sounding and well-made silver cables for very fair and reasonable cost.

Charles