Silver plated copper

Please explain to me the theoretical basis of using silver plated copper in cables. Seems counter intuitive to me. Signal would have two paths with different conductivity which would cause distortion.
crwindy
Silver will oxidize just as copper will, but silver will not corrode like copper.
What is the difference between oxidizing and corroding?
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-oxidation-and-corrosion
They are the same thing.As far as tinned copper , also soldered connection vs crimped,and using yet a different metal for connectors, it  affects the  signal minutely and measurably.But is it audible?I know that I don't care for silver plated copper wire in my system but I honestly don't know if it was the wire itself,the connectors,the dielectric,all in combination.
I have built many cables which have employed copper, solid silver and silver plated copper.

For my ears...
  • Stranded Copper was the least dynamic of the three
  • Solid Silver provided the best  dynamic performance and provided more details than the plain copper
  • Stranded Silver plated copper seemed to be as good as the solid silver but also provided a fuller/warmer, more complete sound.

All wires were 24 guage with teflon insulation and cryo treated

I did also try Tinned copper cryo treated  (NOT Duelund wire) as the neutral for speaker cables and compared to similar gauge Silver plated and copper wire it sounded less dynamic and detailed.

It's very much a personal preference when it comes to building cables, so I would recommend trying some different wires to see which materials suits you ears best

Regards - Steve
What is the difference between oxidizing and corroding?

I am no chemical engineer but I think oxidation is primarily a result of being in contact with the atmosphere over an extended time period. Corrosion, to my way of thinking, is the actual destruction of the material due to any number of factors. Consider a penny before 1984 (mostly copper instead of copper plated zinc now). A penny will eventually actually disintegrate if left fo lie outside in the dirt.....it may take years but it will happen. With a silver coin (90% silver, 10% copper) the coin will turn black in color but won't decay as much as purer copper. I believe also that copper loses its conductivity over time whereas I read somewhere that silver will not.
I am no chemical engineer but I think oxidation is primarily a result of being in contact with the atmosphere over an extended time period. Corrosion, to my way of thinking, is the actual destruction of the material due to any number of factors. Consider a penny before 1984 (mostly copper instead of copper plated zinc now). A penny will eventually actually disintegrate if left fo lie outside in the dirt.....it may take years but it will happen. With a silver coin (90% silver, 10% copper) the coin will turn black in color but won't decay as much as purer copper. I believe also that copper loses its conductivity over time whereas I read somewhere that silver will not.

So why do you think that a copper cable will corrode in a stereo system which is kept in a climate controlled atmosphere?  At most, it will just oxidize.