Silly prices for Nordost cables

http://www.nordost.com/images/review-images/review-pdf/127555.pdf

$38000 for a 2m pair?
$17000 for a 1.5m power cord?
$20000 interconnect for 0.6 meters and only(!) $2000 for an additional 0.5 meter?

I know the debate is tired but this is beyond ridiculous.
128x128noromance
All this hate towards rich people.

i suppose being rich is a bad thing.  Like all who aren't rich know better... I'm sure that's the case.  That's why they're rich and we aren't.

And no, I'm not rich.
I am the OP. This is mothing to do with hating rich people, or even assuming rich people have no discrimination. I am pointing out that there are companies making short pieces of cable - often no more than rehashed OEM wire and covering it with fancy jackets- and charging insane prices for them. And the fact they get buyers is beyond me. True voodoo economics!

Rehashed OEM wire? You mean like refried beans or corned beef hash? Fancy jackets? White sport coat and pink carnation? All this cable talk is making me hungry! 🍔 🍟

Some points for snark Mr. Geoff. One reason people buy these cables is because the dealer advises them that they need them. I knew a dealer who would roll around in a pile of cables moaning. He said it made them sound better. The people I feel sorry for however, if I may lower the financial bar, are low and middle tier buyers who buy cables that make up 25% of the system price.