Sierra 2 vs Dynaudio Focus 160

I am having a hard time finding anyone who has heard both of these and can offer some constructive observations/comparisons. I love the Dynaudio sound (former Contour s3.4 owner) but have been reading so much about the Ascend Sierra 2 that it has caused me to pause and consider going the Sierra 2 route and saving a few bucks. Thanks for your comments people!
fredorama

Showing 1 response by runnin

The Sierra 2 is a serious accomplishment. I put them up against my flagship Paradigm Signature S6 speakers and preferred the Sierra midrange while the highs were a tie. I could not believe it, I kept throwing different music at them, but they did not falter. And the Paradigms cost 4 times the price tag of the Sierra 2. I had taken a chance and ordered them up pretty much blind. I'm a really big fan now!

You do get serious bang for buck when you bypass the retail model and go for internet direct. I considered selling my Signatures, but in the end, they do have superior bass( being a tower) and a different flavour is the spice of life.