Siemens CCa vs. Amperex PW 6922

Audio Note 300B amp with Dodd battery preamp and ASR Exclusive.

Has anyone had both at the same time and have some insight on which one would work with my system.

The Amperex PW seems high in price vs. the Siemens CCa GP.
128x128glory

Showing 11 responses by glory

Kool info you have there. Are you German by any chance?

Why don't you sell me two of the six you have and I will be done with it. =8^)

I bet you even have six more in your stash.

I am in Sunny Destin, FL. one block from the Gulf of Mexico.

Check pics on my system.

You are welcome to come down when it is -10* or 30*. I have access to my client's beach homes in Seaside FL. Jim Carry did the Truman Show there.

Clean, liquid mids for me.

Sam has a pair of CCa 50's dull sheild with readings of 86/83 82/67

He said the CCa 50's tubes can read out like this and is not uncommon.

What think you?

Gary
Sam has the mismatched sections and Andy has the date code and shiny sheild.

Andy thinks people are nuts about the dull/shiny shield. Never did like talking to him.

VV Tubes Now there's a guy that knows how to use the F word. F this and F that. F Joe's tube lore. FFFFFFFFFFFF AND SOME MORE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF'S No thank you.

On the 'Gon there is a Amperex 7308 WL GP Sheild. Is it as good as the 6922 WL GP Sheild?

Brent Jessee has been fine but his prices are going up^.
Tvad,

Brent Jessee has a matched pair for $225.00. I guess I will flip the switch and go for it.

The last pair of this type tube I got off of EBay and they were bad.

Brent is easy to talk to and has a 30 day return policy.

I had a pair of Seimans CCa DS and I sold them for $300.00. Hello McFly.

I am using E81CC Mullard/Valvo '66 & CBS 7728 in the Lector T7 MK3. For digital it is, at times, good sounding

When I was running the Lector for two weeks because of changes in my vinyl setup I really did think it was sounding GREAT. Boy was I deceived as I saw the light when I got the TT back up and running.

He that has ears to hear let him hear what the analogphiles have to say. And some having ears to hear hear not.

You have A..Y pegged.

Is the tubes on Ebay by cry baby world LOL the one's to get?

How about the second and third CCa on buy it now?

Gary

He said no internal date codes.

Try for a week and return for a refund.

The Siemens CCa for sale on the Gon by Stance 1 I bought. There are some pics of the tubes on his ad. Is this the tube you speak of?

Tvad,
You are a very helpful member in this community of audio nuts. Your thoughts on this tube are spot on from what I am hearing in my system.

I did have this tube at one time but my system is no where the same as it was back then. I was running it in a Audio Note dac ( God help me ) God did help me snap out of all that mess and entanglament. I am free, free, free alast, Oh, sorry I got carried away with my dileverence.

A very different sound than the Amperex WL GP PQ 6922 D getter. It takes the top end to the very limit of being to much of a good thing. It my have its toes over the line at times but you are rewarded with a very open and clear sound.

For some reason these tubes seem quiet and non microphonic. I only got one hour with them so maybe they will "break in" some.

There are no internal codes inside the tubes.

Thanks for your leadership in buying the CCa tubes.

I like them very much.
Chatta,

Have you had the experence with both tubes in your system to say that the Amperex is better?