Shuguang 845B vs Shuguang 845M

Just popped an 845B and I was thinking of doing the 845Ms. Anybody with first hand listening experience or reliable second hand experiences? Thanks in advance, warren :)
128x128warrenh

Showing 4 responses by kehut

Just put the M's in my Dared 845 amp, replacing the stock 845. I use the Druid speaks. BIG transformation indeed as I was told there would be. More halographic sound..Better extension and just a feeling of you being closer to the muscical event.They are a more linear tube I agree, once you hear the metal plates, you are hooked!

Warren,

I dont think you can go wrong here. The former owner of my Dared 845 loved his 845B tubes.According to him, they were definitely an improvement over the stock 845.. Hey, hows your Def's sounding?

Best,

..Ken
They are a superb speaker. I bought my Druids from a good friend who upgraded to the Defs..The Defs astounded me with their visceral dynamics and authority. I am really enjoying my Druids.I too find the Zu's the best thing since I heard my first pair of Apogee's way back when!

Be well,
Ken
Hey guys..Slipped in a pair of "B"s and have to say..I like them better than my metal plates. They are 90% of the transparency, just a dynamic, but warmer and to my ears are smoother in the highs..just a tad softer and sweeter over the metal's..Bass is just as good as the metal plates..no red glow on the plates. The B's have a higher plate disapation rating and a better suited to my Dared amp.

Im also curious as to tube life expectancy of the Shuguang 845's.