SHOW attendees: please post speaker reports here

Seeing a few random responses in other threads, but thought it would be nice if we could have a single thread to try to consolidate at least a "best of" compilation of speaker impressions. All cost ranges. All of us "stay at home" agoners would appreciate it. Thanks much.
jeffkad

Showing 4 responses by 605hifi

If I may ask who was using 10T's to demo at teh show this year? I am not saying it didnt happent but it seems kind of strange.
I agree with Magico and Magnepan response. I thought Silverline had a good, although small demo set-up. The Paradigm demo set-up nearly gave me cancer it was so freakishly harsh to listen to. It was not good at all. Hmmm....Vandersteen was good, I'll agree with that. Over at the T.H.E. Show. Jaton USA had one of the better sounding rooms at either show. PBN had a new model that sounded pretty impressive in a massively large room. Tyler Acoustics had some very big, very nice sounding speakers. All in all it was a good show, but nothing that is going to re-write the audio industry. On a VIDEO note...........3-D TV is incredibly lame. how does this old, used up concept keep finding life?
Fplanner2010, I agree with you 110%. they have a very poor attitude no question about it. Last year at CES Alon himself actually put his hand on my chest as I came the room and told me I "had to leave" as he was giving a magazine reviewer a private listneing session. No susprise that after that most of the mag reveiwers practically came out of their shorts in praising the M5's. I pushed his hand off and knocked over his brouchers as I walked out. what a punk and arrogant company.