Should i upgrade my Meridian 508.20 to 508.24?

System:Meridian 508.20 into an Audio Research LS-3 pre-amp via audioquest diamond interconnect;ditto on the interconnect into the Plinius 100 Mk III amplifier.The Plinius feeds Magnepan 1.6 speakers via bi-wired synergistic mk ii speaker cables.Lovan equipment stand.The plinius utilizes an NBS Master II powercable;the meridian utilizes a King power cable (which is a temporary fix,i intend to purchase a Purist Colussus II).All plugged into a Monster 2000 power strip.
I have not heard the meridian 508.24.I believe the upgrade price is approximately 600.OO.Thanks for your input,i am particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has upgraded. Any suggestions on a powercord for the meridian are also welcome.
mojo58

Showing 1 response by j1273b

>I've owned the 508.24. It is a great CD player. However, it has been discontinued from Meridian's lineup. If you plan to keep the unit forever then do the upgrade. If you plan on selling at some point in time you will not recoup the upgrade cost. Also, when looking for 508.24's for sale, the ones that have been upgraded are much harder to sell. People want the original not the upgraded model.