Should I still buy a CD player? Suggest one?

I just read that Best Buy is discontinuing CDs. This seems like a bad omen for CDs in general. I had a system I liked and lost most of it in a fire this summer. Insurance will buy me a replacement, but is it unwise to buy a CD player now? What are high end people doing now for source?

And, my players was a Creek CD-43, CD-53, bought in about 2002. What would be an equivalent quality now? Insurance doesn't care that they are more expensive now, they just want an equal replacement. If I buy a player, which is the most popular good CD player now? It's important that is it a popular one, because I don't want to get saddled with something hard to sell since things are in flux.

Thanks.

river251
Post removed 
Heck yes I bought 600 classical used CDs  Telarc, Deutch Gramaphone, Sony classical for $100 showing zero wear. I bought 100 jazz cds for a buck apiece again all the big names playing and singing. I'm retired and new to this hobby and my funds are limited. I'll wait a year or so to buy a good streamer and pay for monthly access to music sources.  I'm 74 and hearing is well not like I was 20.  So far the CDs sound outstanding to me on my Canton 9K. I'm a happy camper, upgrades will come later as disposable income accumulates ( hopefully)  if I live that long. Pick up a cheap player I have a Marantz cd 6006. but hey I'm a rookie but I'm also Scottish lol.