should i listen to cs's on dvd or cd player

i have and old yamaha cdc-635 changer 1993 production s/n ratio of 110 about $350 new. i reciently got a onkyo dv-cp702 dvd changer s/n ratio 100 $200 new. my reciever is onkyo tx sr702. dvd player is connected using acoustic research pro 2 series hd digital auido cable $29. it is also connected with a/r pro 2 analog cables (manual says to use in conjunction with remote controll cord for remote to work between the 2).

1. should i just use cheep analog connection for dvd?

2. which of the 2 players would do a better job on cd's.
gmarcotte8f97

Showing 1 response by sol322

Gmarcotte:
Don't have any experience with your units. But as Elgordo said have to try.
Interesting chance you have in comparing those players.

Use the same connection to compare both with either analog or digital. In the first case you'll be comparing the digital to analog conversion capability of the players.
If you can use optical or coaxial digital to compare both under same conditions you'll be having the comparison of their performance as transports.

Keep in mind that you can compare them right now. The newer unit should improve it's performance after couple hundred hours of use.

The newer unit would be expected to perform better than the older one but in audio you can have nothing for granted. Trying is mandatory.