Should I keep the Turntable or sell it?

I’ve been back and forth on this decision for about a month, and the more I learn, the harder this decision gets.

Backstory: I won the brand new Cambridge Audio Alva TT turntable in an online contest in mid-May, and while it sounds great, I decided to list it for sale a couple weeks ago. I’ve always wanted to try out a Rega P6 or P3 with a really nice cart, because I feel like I’m not getting enough out of my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon. Prior to winning the Alva TT, I switched the Red Ortofon out for the Blue, and there was a great improvement in sound quality. But after comparing the Pro-Ject to the Alva TT and hearing what a $1700 turntable can sound like, I definitely am interested in exploring more high fidelity turntables. The issue is that I feel like I prefer the sound of tubes over solid state, and the Alva TT uses an integrated Alva Duo phono preamp for the RCA out, and their own DAC for the Bluetooth out if I want to go that route. I don’t have a ton of experience with tubes, and maybe it’s just the “cool factor” I actually like and I’m just having a placebo effect.

So I decided to list it for sale to try and get a Rega, because I heard so many great things about them. But over the last week or so, I’ve learned more about the Alva TT and how it uses Rega’s famous tonearm. I looked up the cart and it is listed at $500 separately, which is probably why it sounds better than the Pro-Ject w/ Ortofon Blue. I’ve also read on these boards about direct drive being better than belt, which the Alva has as well. It also has the added bonus of Bluetooth that go directly to my KEF LS50 Wireless, but I would most likely just use interconnects.

So I would love to get some advice from you all. I’ve gone back and forth about keeping the Alva or selling it, along with my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, and buying/trading for something like a Rega P3 or P6. If you had my first world problem, what would you do?
bignamehere
I'd recommend sticking with what you have, until you learn a little more about hifi (not condencending, I am a newbie too).  I originally had a project TT which was a few hundred bucks.  To really move up a level in turntables, I'd recommend a boutique brand.  Unfortunately all of the boutique brands are fairly costly.  I have a Dr. Feickert Blackbird now which completely rocks.  It can be completely assembled and disassembled by the owner (if you are willing:) (which I've done:).

Dr. Feickert recently released a fairly affordable higher end "entry-level" table at 3500 (iirc).  I have heard it and while its not a blackbird, it is really impressive compared to other tables in this price range.  It's double your budget, but I've found the key to the rabbit hole that is HIFI is efficiency.  IOW, upgrade to (gear you have heard personally), that you like, that offers the best bang for the buck as few times as possible.

I highly recommend Feickert tables.  Chris is a really cool guy, extremely well respected by his peers in the hifi manufacturing community, and the consumers of his products are fans (atleast I am :).  He is a down to earth guy, and his tables are nearly perfect (German tables FTW!).
I too am one of those who gets the weekly recap in my inbox and only come here when I see something that grabs my attention.  Wow what a lively thread and discussion here with a lot of good opinions, and even some drama to boot.  Plenty here for me to think about as I upgrade my turntable.  Thanks. 
I’m not on the Audiogon Forum much. I get a weekly email titled Weekly Recap which has some of the top discussions of the past week, I guess.

I was very intrigued by this thread because I’ve had a Bluenote Bellavista Signature turntable for about ten years now.

I’ve replaced the U3 tonearm with a suped-up Rega RB300. Incognito wiring, Pete Riggle VTA on-the-fly adjustment and Michell counter weight.
Don’t think I can live without the on-the-fly Vta anymore. I found the unipivot a little to squirrely for me.

I recently had to replace the motor because the original crapped out. Luckily Goldnote (which Bluenote is now) had one left in their old inventory. I also got an original belt which is essentially a giant O-ring.

Anyhow, I noticed that it runs pretty much right on at 331/3 rpm but when I go to 45 rpm it runs fast. I’ve tried everything to get it to run correct at both speeds. The Bluenote uses a hollow belt spindle with a threaded insert that can be screwed in or out for minor adjustments of speed (it makes the belt spindle bigger or smaller). My thought was that if it’s right on at 331/3 rpm then when I move the belt to the 45 rpm spindle groove it should be right on or close without having to make a speed adjustment to the spindle insert. It doesn’t and won’t, even if I try to adjust the speed using the spindle insert.

I hope I explained that well enough to understand because a lot of folks are not familiar with this turntable.

Because of this problem and not being able to rectify it I’ve been thinking about a new turntable and I’ve been a little drawn to the Technics because at this point I just want something that RUNS AT THE CORRECT SPEED.

It bothers me to no end that I know the speed is off. Even at 33 1/3 sustained piano notes sound like they’re slightly out of tune (maybe that’s just my imagination?). 45 rpm just doesn’t sound right at all (definitely not my imagination).

I’ve been wavering back and forth on which way to go.

A belt drive with speed controller or just an all-in-one DD such as the Technics.

Remember, it has to have on-the-fly/easy VTA adjustment.

Thanks in advance, Nick.

P.s. I won’t jump on anyone for their suggestions even if they’re a so-called "fan-boy". Not that there’s anything wrong with that. :-)
There are many belt-drive tables out there with adjustable speed that will stay locked at the set RPM. A few that come immediately to mind: Rega P8, Acoustic Signature Wow XL (and every model above), and the Gem Dandy Polytable Super12. These are just a few of the more affordable ones. Once you get into Palmer/SME/AMG territory, nearly all have adjustable pitch with some type of speed lock. You invest in a KAB SpeedStrobe and you’re good to go. My table has adjuatable pitch in 0.1% increments and according to the SpeedStrobe, it holds speed within 0.03% of perfect. The controller keeps it stored in the memory so it need not be adjusted again unless I adjust cartridge setup.

Now keep in mind that speed accuracy is a moving target, because not all laquers are cut at a perfect 33.3 or 45. From what I’ve researched, few are cut at a speed any more accurate than that of a budget turntable.

@bignamehere 

Just choose what sound preference , ergonomics , features and looks that you want. Its you that lives with it , not some zealot who can,t for some reason accept his opinions are not the facts he claims. DD is not everyone's cup of tea at any price . Many tried and dumped the new technics and the vintage Japanese tables , the same way some pass on belts or idlers. 

Although I like all drives and respect their individual strengths,  and the way one person from the next comes at the same problems and needs differently , I still recognize and am fully aware of the weaknesses they have individually as well. What makes me quietly chuckle through all the dumping on belt drives and praise of the claimed superior DD.....in all the fervor and chosen information and stats on the best tables of old and the DD....most of the units from the east with pedigree status....had either the micro name on it or a good deal of engineering and manufacturing in it.....and they dropped the DD and focused on some only very good  to excellent belt drives.....I believe any company as highly regarded as micro was and is in all things turntable, choosing belted turntables speaks volumes.  They were not a cottage industry company like many see belt drives as and they sold high quality , not marketing. 
If you enjoy it, it makes you want to play it and buy more records ...it's a good table for you, whatever the name  brand or type of drive it has. At the end of the day....that's all that matters....some good music to remove the anxiety of the day....not obsess over it or to appease some strangers opinions. .....
All those, Rega, Linn, Micro, Project, Clearaudio, JA Michell, Basis, Sota, VPI, Oracle, SME, Avid, Brinkman, Roksan. ...(etc. etc.etc.) belt users can't all be wrong in what they chose as their preferred drive.....a little bit bigger than a cottage industry. ..
Choice is good.....