Should I have a separate bank account for PayPal?

I've been using PayPal for years, with no problems. However, I've started to wonder if it might make sense to establish a separate bank account to use just for PayPal transactions.

I like the convenience of just being able to have funds for a purchase come right out of my checking account rather than using a credit card -- especially when buying something inexpensive. And I like being able to transfer the funds from a sale right into my account. Consequently, I wouldn't want to use PayPal without having it linked to a bank account.

That said, in my increasingly paranoid old age -- or is it simple wisdom? -- I've begun to imagine that something could go wrong. If PayPal is going to be able to remove all sorts of money from my linked account because of some odd mistake or whatever, I'd rather it weren't from the account I use for my living expenses.

Am I being overly nervous? What do most of you folks do?

Thanks for any advice on this.

-- Howard
hodu

Showing 1 response by rodman99999

I always have. If something goes South with a transaction, or- if someone hacks their system, they can't take anything from your main account. Transfer funds into it to purchase/out of it immediately, when received. Call it a type of, "firewall." In God we trust(all others pay cash).