should everyone just order emm?

i have levinson gear now, and it of course has been bested by
umteen transports and processors in the last 2-3 years. and now, without meitner, i may as well jump in a lake and swallow a snake. can the most rational fellow music lovers out there (no "asylum" cases please) explain how and why i/we should 1.go for any new major improvements NOW 2. wait for blue lasers(?) 3. buy more REDBOOK CD'S 4. clean off some of my old vinyl and relax to some leonard bernstein or some horowitz. 5. jump into the lake anyway having done all of the above. please advise. thanks so very much.
french_fries

Showing 2 responses by robm321

After reading this thread, all I get is "here comes the banwagon jump on"

I remember everyone jumping on the Sony SACD player banwagon and now a couple of years later they'll all be sad that they didn't wait for the EMM labs DAC. And a couple of years from now those who bought the EMM labs will regret not waiting for the... and so on and so on -- in the mean time I'll still be spinning vinyl while others spin their wheels.

Rob
I'm actually 34 years old, so if vinyl had a banwagon I wasn't even a sperm cell at the time. I like it because its the most realistic reproduction of music that I've heard. I've always noticed a digital edge on CD and SACD. I have a CD player as well because of the fact that software if most available in that format and I enjoy listening to it. I go with the best sound. So if EMM betters an equally priced TT set up I'm all for it.

I'm hearing from this thread that EMM is pretty much the best sounding CD DAC trasport and best SACD player out there which pretty much beats or matches any other format is that correct?

It's just that every year a bunch of hype surrounds a product and when the dust settles -- and it's just another quality product, but not something that changes the universe. That is usually what banwagon refers to. Please enlighten me.