Short list of musical subwoofers

I plan to invest a "musical" subwoofer to augment the music listening experience of my current two-channel sound system. After a few digging over the acting forum and on-line reviews, it seems the following budgetary sealed (primarily) subwoofers are often mentioned and raved:

- Rythmic L12 (18Hz; sealed, servo controlled; 300 watts RMS; $609);

- RSL Speedwoofer 10S (24Hz; front ported; 350 watts; $428);

- Rel T5x (8 in; 32Hz@-6db; 125 watts; $680)

- SVS SB 1000 (24Hz, sealed; 300 watts; $450) or 2000 (19Hz; sealed; 500 watts; $600);

All above claim to have quick, accurate bass that is good for music listening. Rel, although not being able to extend to 20Hz, has been highly rated for easy integration into the sound system. I am not even sure if being able to get down low and/or the wattage of the active amp are critical to the musical application. My living room is about 25 ft wide and 20 ft deep. I do have limited budget but if others are warranted for a higher price tag in your opinion I am willing to bump up the budget. You inputs are highly appreciated.

lanx0003

Showing 1 response by 2020matters

Starting my two channel journey, I had two SVS1000 from a past go at hometheater. When I listen at lower volume or when between songs, I can hear a hiss/static from my subs that interrupts my music experience. With the trade up program SVS offers, I figured it impossible for subs on up the line to have the same issue. I moved to a pair of SVS3000. I want silence when there’s suppose to be silence. With no signal, The 3000’s have the same hiss, SVS calls it noise floor. I contacted SVS and described the problem. Quick fast the new sub amps arrived for a swap. Changed them out and hiss is still there. Emailed SVS and they recommend going on up the line. I don’t have room for larger subs and that doesn’t sound like the path I want to take with a company.