Shopping for new speakers-need ideas... Selling old DQ-10's...

As I get older my Dahlquist DQ-10’s are simply too bright and give me an earache. I’ve tried different amps so that is not the issue. I just bought a Marantz PM-KI Ruby amp to pair with them. They sound great, but after some time the ear issue comes up.  However, I am looking for new speakers to match with my new amp. These are my desires:

-Not as bright as my Dahlquist DQ-10’s, but not as distant sounding as my Aerial 6s. I do like speakers on the warm side nowdays, but not muddy of course

-Great separation of sound so you catch the detail

-Bass not too punchy as I’ve always had ear trouble with this

-I love midrange

-I don’t like too sharp highs anymore unfortunately

-I love an open sound even airy sound.

What I may be describing is something that is between the DQ-10s and the Aerial 6s. Not in my face, but not behind a wall sounding like the Aerials. Something smooth yet with texture and good separation.

I always loved the phased array design of the DQ-10s and my DQ-8s since I have had since 1993. They are open and airy with tons of soundstage potential.

I listen to a variety of music from ‘60’s and 70’s folk to ‘90’s hard rock like Collective Soul. I’m a 70’s guy and love classic rock, but I lean in the Steely Dan direction. I love progressive rock like Rush and Emerson, Lake and Palmer. I’m also fond of Sade and similar artists in that genre. Jazz is an occasional venture to the likes of Joshua Redman and older stuff like Ramsey Lewis.

Now that I have this magnificent Marantz amp I’m ready to pair them with something that is more of a fit with it and my now limited ears. Earaches suck when you are trying to enjoy some music. This is a lot better now with the Marantz amp, but I still feel a slight ache at medium volumes.

I’ve watched a lot of YouTube videos reviews and I’ve started reading some things.

My budget is $3,000 or less. Hopefully less...

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
georgethedog
The @+username feature only works about 1/3rd of the time.  There is always a limited number of names offered in the drop-down menu when you hit @, and often the person to whom you're trying to respond isn't listed there.  One of the glitches of the forum.
Another + for Vandersteen. They are not bright. They have a laid-back sound. They are not fatiguing. They are easy to listen to for all the time you want. They are soundstaging and imaging champs, having that elusive 3D quality typically found with planars, yet they have deeper and tighter bass than most planars.
I've owned four pairs of Vandies since the 80s.
The model 1 is below your budget, the model 2 is slightly over, if you're buying new.

I'm leaning in the Vandersteen direction.  I'm weighing some others before I pull the trigger on the Vandersteens.  Audio Advice gives me 30 days to return.  Anyone know of any other good vendors that will allow a return???
Vienna acoustics beethovens, any version. slightly recessed mids that work well with most recordings. I will say they are more steely dan than rush.