Shopping for a new Tube Pre Amp with Phono

My Conrad Johnson PV5 is in for service and may need replacement. Looking for a tube preamp with built in phono (also tube)and remote. I have an MC275 that has been retubed with JJ KT88's - much better than the Winged "c"'s mac uses and New issue Mullard 12AX7's and Mullard JAN 12AT7's in the front end. CD player is a Primare (nice and "Musical"). Turntable is a Heybrook with an older SME arm and Sumiko cart. Martin Logan Vista's with a Depthi are the speakers. Line conditioning done by a Furman Reference. Cabling by AudioQuest.

I am going nuts researching pre amps. Read a lot of good reviews on PrimaLuna/Mystere, Rouge, MAD etc. Don't want to buy Chinese made and want a "real" tube preamp. Auditioned a Mac C220 (I work at Magnolia Hi Fi). Good but too expensive and not what I would consider the sound of a "Real" tube pre amp.

Anybody out there with suggestions. Again would prefer American Made and would like to stay around 2 grand.
hubb

Showing 1 response by uru975

Ebay has a supposed new in box PV-11 that has a bid of 480 at present. I had one sold it years back and recently bought another for a second system and for when my Premier 16 goes down, which happens about every 5 or 6 years. Highly recommend the piece.
Spearit Sound which has a C-J Classic with phono for $2150. Have read good reviews of it but have not heard it both do not have remotes.
There is also a C-J PV 15 with teflon cap upgrade for $1500 has remote but not sure about phono have to ask the seller