Shootout of Nos 6sn7 tubes

I will have shootout between TS BGRP, RCA vt231, KR vt231, Syl vt231, Raytheon vt 231 and "Bad boy" next weekend.

If I get MELZ 6N8S 6SN7 Metal Base next week, then I will also include it in shootout

RCA5691, Psavne Acme 300B, Psavne Acme 805 are also being used in Line Magnetic 508 amplifier.

Speaker will be Lansche 4.1 with plasma tweeter.

Digital source will be Dave and HMS fed by ripped CD stored in ssd drive of Cocktail audio x30.

I will play

Eva Cassidy's 'Autumn Leaves"

"Trinity Sessionn " by Cowboy Junkies

For classical orchestra, "Trittico" directed by Fennel.

"Still harry after all these years" will be for fusion jazz.

Any more suggestion gentlemen and ladies.

Thomas
128x128shkong78
This is off topic but is there anyone in the NYC/tri-state area that has a tube tester and the knowledge that would be willing to test some of my 6sn7's?

I have various tubes, some sought after but have no idea if they are still strong after years of use. 

If not is there any reasonably priced testers I can buy that aren't too large? I know there are different types of tests, etc.  

Few days ago I replaced RCA vt231 with Sylvania 6sn7 wgt with brown bass (not metal bass) in Line Magnetic 508.

Sylvania 6sn7 wgt give vivid sound with sharper focus while RCA vt231 give more relaxed sound.

It is like wine tasting of vintage wines.

Most of vintage tubes sounds good but with different flavor.

It is up to you to choose specific flavor depending on your taste and system.

As I have more than 60 different kind of 6sn7 and variants, I take turns on tubes depending on my mood.

By the way, dealers had jacked up the price of vintage 6sn7 tubes too much.

I paid 60$ for pair of Sylvania 6sn7 wgt with brown bass 3 years ago.

But now they ask around 200$ for pair of them.

Since I have around 80 pairs of 6sn7 tubes and variants, I will not buy more of 6sn7 tubes.

Thomas

@shkong78, I think we are probably experiencing some price gouging because of the Russian tube situation.  

For the last three months, I had been using Amperex 6n7 in Line Magnetic 508 SET.

After playing with Puron plug in filters,  i switched to RCA vt231 whichs give nice details and sharp focus.

Yesterday i had gone back to Melz 1578.

Although 1578 does not give nice details and sharp focus.as RCA vt231, it makes sound organic and comforting with less treble overall.

The conclusion is that there is no best 6sn7 tube.

I keep changing tubes depending on my mood and change of components.

I have around 70 different kinds of 6sn7 and vanriants.

Thomas