Shoot-out I would like to see - Berning ZH270 vs.

I would love to see a shootout between the Berning ZH270 vs. the Atma-sphere M-60 Mk.II. (This shoot-out would be a little more fair considering the price difference of the Tenors and the Berning)

Preferably with NOS tubes in the Berning. Might be asking a little much for NOS in the Atma-sphere.

As much as I enjoyed the Tenor - Berning shootout, the two amps I am considering are the Berning and the Atma-sphere M-60.

The Tenors are just to cheap for my taste! (he,he)
fiddler

Showing 4 responses by thorty40

Me too :) Whoever is in the Chicagoland area and has the M-60's can perhaps bring them on over and we'll we could make an afternoon of it :)
I'd say its doubtful that a 60 betters the 270 significantly in terms of sonic integrity across the board. There is a switch to adjust feedback of the 270 with a "Low" option which is in my opinion the way to go, it is wonderful.

I'm not sure who's ears I trust, Jtinn's or his "couple of friends."

The Atmasphere M-60's were what I was going to buy at first instead of the Berning 270 and I chose the 270 for its obvious advantages. I took a chance with the 270 not having heard the 60 or 270 at the time and feel I chose wisely, I also can use whatever speakers I want with the 270, a person is more limited with the 60's.
Its quite hard to believe the Atmaspheres are much cleaner sounding than a Berning, Oneprof is right on however, I simply must hear them for myself. The Berning is one of the clearest sounding amps I have heard, period. Anyone is entitled to their opinion, in this case I just plain need to listen to both amps side by side to judge for myself.

Will, I am jealus that your speakers can operate with a Siegfried, really jealus actually :) For this very reason, I should think about aquireing more efficient speakers at some point that can be driven by an SET.

Maybe I can scrounge up some speakers to use with the Siefried and you guys can send it to my place when you are done comparing :) I'd even be willing to let the person use my 270 in the mean time :) I am really only kidding of course but I do wish I could hear a Siegfried at some point, preferably soon :)

Chris