Shocked removed spikes, used blue tack, what other non spike footer

My floor standing speakers, monitor stands always came with spikes so I used them always, it's the way they were designed at least I thought. I know everyone can't do this because of there floor type, mine is hardwood over concrete slab. Bass, more natural tone( I'm a tone junkie)  gives the music a nice rhythm, may just be flavor of month but I'm really enjoying it. Highs maybe little rolled off, I just did it yesterday, maybe not as hifi, but no lose of information. Have other people experienced this.Can someone with my floor type suggest a nice reasonable priced non spiked footer, these are floorstander filled with shot so pretty heavy,maybe 70- 80 lb. thanks

paulcreed
Oh, great! The other dude who doesn’t think there’s any such thing as isolation. Buckle your seat belts, gentle readers, this ride could get bumpy. Still mumbling about shear waves, eh, Tom? That never gets old. 🙄 OK, you may go ahead with Damage Control. I need a good laugh.
LIGO should be able to predict the shear wave polarity of materials on an atomic level based on what  is written. Shear waves begin within a resonating material not after the fact like a compressive wave. Best result is to deal with the original source not the delay or the secondary. Tom

Geoff you isolate the source..the actual motion of atoms and then you have nothing. 
Nonoise,
What was compared were factory supplied parts costing less than a buck compared to a hundred dollar part. 
Like comparing a cast resistor to a 
Mundorf resistor..not supposed to matter but easily heard..go further and our design would be like a Vishay Z foil resistor compared to a Mundorf. Remember who grounded their isolation device with a coupling device that looks similar to my Acoustic Coupling Disc. Why such a choice? Tom