Shindo preamp rewire 230v to 240v

Good day folks.

I have been curious about Shindo preamps for quite some time. They are universally praised for their musicality and the ability to convey emotion which is exactly what I’m after.

Problem is they are not cheap and used ones don’t turn up often here in Australia. There are quite a few used ones from Europe but they are all 230v version whereas Australia is 240v. Is it easy to rewire a 230v unit to 240? Can any qualified technician carry out the rewiring?

Your input is much appreciated. 

steven365

It is safe to plug a 230V Shindo preamp to 240V mains in Australia, no need to rewire the transformer.

BTW, all the power transformer in Shindo preamps I know of only comes with two set of 0-100-120V primary windings. It only can configured to either 220V or 240V.

@imhififan Thanks mate. In my area the voltage can go as high as 246v. Would it be to much deviation from 230v? Moreover, is this likely to cause transformer hum and shorten tube lives? 

Best to check with seller and ask to see a pic of the power transformer, if it comes with dual 120V primary windings, it can be easily wired to 240V by any qualified technician.

@imhififan Is this true for shindo amplifiers as well? Can shindo amps also be easily changed to 230/240V.

I have been forever looking for a 230/240V Shindo amp in the used market and they are so hard to come by, but 120V American versions come up all the time.

@essrand 

Sorry I don't have experience of any Shindo amplifiers. However, if the back panel printed 100V/120V/230V 50/60Hz, I will assume it can be wired to any of the printed voltage by a qualified technician.