Shindo Masseto w Koetsu .3mv output

Hoping to get opinions on whether the MC stage of a Shindo Masseto has enough gain to produce strong dynamics from a Koetsu Rosewood Sig Platinum cartridge  (.3mv output). Or would I need a SUT?

Bonus question: any opinions on whether I would get better overall sound using an Aurieges pre (newer version) w an Hommage SUT through its MM section, or by playing straight into the MC section of a Masseto? The cost of each of these setups could be close to one another on the used market. When I say better sound, my priorities are a very organic "you are there midrange", lots of instrumental textures, realistic soundstage cues, and overall emotional impact of the music.

Thanks very much for any thoughts. My table is a Sota Nova vacuum and tonearm is Jelco TK-850 10". Amps are Quicksilver v4 monoblocks.

montaldo

@montaldo 

A friend of mine had a Masseto, which has now been upgraded to a Petrus. 

I heard his Masseto with his Koetsu Coralstone (not sure of the output) and my Ikeda 9GSS (0.3 mVrms (1kHz 35.4mm/sec. at 45 peak))

His system sounded great with both cartridges

Thanks for the great feedback guys. Good to hear a .3mv cartridge sounded great on the Masseto.

Lalitk, I seem to read repeated opinions that the masetto is superior to the old monbrison, and potentially not as good as the new monbrison. Not sure if you agree. Also these opinions may be colored by people's personal preferences as usual. Not always sure what "better" means to them.

If the Masseto had enough gain for a Benz Ebony TR S (0.1mV) as tested by Dagogo website then you should not worry.

@montaldo

Indeed, Masseto is superior to old Monbrison. The point of bringing Monbrison in my previous post was to consider Monbrison over Aurieges. If I have an opportunity to grab Masseto, I wouldn’t think twice. It is my belief that newer revised Monbrison is better than Masseto.

Thanks again, everyone! I will start looking for a used Masseto. There is one in Canada that is a possibility.