Shiit yggdrasil

I purchased this dac a few months back and I am absolutely blown away by how much I enjoy listening to it. I have owned a Bi-dat, Ayre QB DSD, Resolution Audio, PS Audio and many others as well as in home demo of very expensive Chord, Aesthetics and DCS gear. Nothing has sounded this good in my room in my system( Devore Fidelity, Line Magnetic - other products I absolutely love). Please forgive my lack of detailed description and hyperbole as I know many of us hear and experience reproduced sound differently so you might hate it. This is just a recommendation to try it. I am so glad I did. and wanted to share my experience.
In audio, the MSRP of a product should not be a correlation to its performance. More often than not, the high markups paid relate to the exterior cosmetics of the product, marketing costs and distributor fees rather than the interior circuitry.

Schiit sells direct to consumers, relies heavily on word of mouth for marketing and places value on the it's internal circuitry and proprietary design so ultimately the consumer wins.

If one can look beyond the yiggy's price point, its no frills exterior casing and the fact it's called 'schiit', you will discover a truly high end product and one of audio's tremendous bargain.  
SKOCZYLAS

"Has anyone compared the balanced vs RCA outs on the schiit?"

Yes I have but, the results, while stunning, cannot be attributed solely to the XLR outputs.

I've had an YGGY for about 6 months now .. I introduced it into my total NAIM system with sensational results; I echo all the good words already printed above.

Anyway, I was looking to replace my NAIM Headline Headphone amp and decided to buy the Schiit Mjolnir 2 purely because it has balanced inputs .. just for Shiits and grins and for no other reason.  I use Sennheiser HD650 HP's which have the neat feature of swappable cables .. I bought the XLR cable from Sennheiser (about $300 .. Cardas cable) and 2 Tellurium Q Black Diamond XLR interconnects from the YGGY to the Mjolnir ... 

Stunning, absolutely stunning ... Now let me expand on my original statement about not being able to attribute the sound solely to the balanced outputs .. I introduced too many variables into the system at one time to be able to point to a specific component.

I have never listened to tube based headphone amp before and Tellurium Q Black Diamonds are a stunning cable.

The Schiit folks are on to something really good .. 

Is this a paid advertising? Can we see some Youtube audio/video clips that we also could experience the joy?
mdp, 
To your question is anybody using the Yggy with top notch speakers, yes. I have a friend using the Yggy with Evolution Acoustics MM3, fed by latest Spectral electronics and Sonore Rendu Signature. He compared to a number of dacs in the $5-10k(the usual suspects) with a few home demoed before deciding on the Yggy. Performance further enhanced by a few basic & reversible commonly done damping/isolation mods done by a local tech (details searchable online).  
An interesting point is that another friend bought an Yggy to replace his Phazure dac in a much more modest system using Golden Triton Ones and he is thrilled with Yggy too and can hear distinct improvement over the pricier Phazure. Cheers,
Spencer
I've read on other forums that the Gustard DAC-X20U ($870.)
outperforms the Yggy.

Anyone here compared them?