Shiit yggdrasil

I purchased this dac a few months back and I am absolutely blown away by how much I enjoy listening to it. I have owned a Bi-dat, Ayre QB DSD, Resolution Audio, PS Audio and many others as well as in home demo of very expensive Chord, Aesthetics and DCS gear. Nothing has sounded this good in my room in my system( Devore Fidelity, Line Magnetic - other products I absolutely love). Please forgive my lack of detailed description and hyperbole as I know many of us hear and experience reproduced sound differently so you might hate it. This is just a recommendation to try it. I am so glad I did. and wanted to share my experience.

Showing 3 responses by mdp632

@darknightdk What WIlson speakers are you using? I'm not a Wilson owner but, maybe someday. Has yourself or anyone here compared this Yggy Dac against a Meitner MA-1?
@darknightdk Thanks.  Yes I've also read about the Yggy's break in time and such.  It's very re assuring to know that someone with really high end speakers as yourself is speaking and vouching for a DAC with a much lower MSRP then what some but certainly not all of Wilson owners would use as their DAC.  Again it's all personal taste and you have some real nice speakers but, you didn't feel the need to have a 10k plus DAC in your system to pair with your Sashas. Which I think speaks very highly of the Schiit DAC.  I'm really looking forwarding to acquiring this DAC soon. 
The OP has compared the Schiit DAC to much higher end and pricey Dacs.  We also have posters on this thread that are using very high resolving speakers like Wilson and own the Schiit.  Peronsally, thats enough for me to try this DAC and hopefully keep it.  Furthermore, it being made in the USA is a plus for me personally.