Shhhhhh Don't tell my wife. Looking at B&W 802Ns

OK, they're bigger than my NHTs and look a bit like Robby-the-Robot, but there sound brought a tear to my eye. One of those deals that I'll just show up with em' one day, "Honey, what ya think?" Then Katie Bar the Doors! But first, before turning my living room into the WWF, will the room support these?
My room dimensions are about 13'W X 30'L X 9'H. Speaker spacing will be about 10' apart. Some doors and windows. McIntosh MC 352 (350 W) amp and McIntosh C2200 tube pre-amp. Is it worth the body slams I'll take?
slhijb

Showing 3 responses by zaikesman

Hey - we won't tell her if you don't! Install 'em while she's out, and just wait and see how long it takes her to notice the change on her own. I wouldn't say anything - just have some of her favorite music playing when she gets home!
'Course, as long as you're gonna be spending more to put this thing over anyway, why not just go ahead and spring for those Signature 800's in the tiger's eye maple with the Connolly leather and pedestal bases? Supposed to be the best speaker they make, and the WAF might just peg the meter...