Shhhhhh Don't tell my wife. Looking at B&W 802Ns

OK, they're bigger than my NHTs and look a bit like Robby-the-Robot, but there sound brought a tear to my eye. One of those deals that I'll just show up with em' one day, "Honey, what ya think?" Then Katie Bar the Doors! But first, before turning my living room into the WWF, will the room support these?
My room dimensions are about 13'W X 30'L X 9'H. Speaker spacing will be about 10' apart. Some doors and windows. McIntosh MC 352 (350 W) amp and McIntosh C2200 tube pre-amp. Is it worth the body slams I'll take?
slhijb

Showing 2 responses by warrenh

Put whatever your wife loves in a box; right next to your system. Whatever it costs. Consider it part of the price of your speakers. It's always helped me. Good luck.
How's this strategy? I don't know exactly how much those babies are going to cost, but tell her you're very interested in (you pick the speaker) some speaker that you know costs significantly more and is quite ugly. When she freaks, as you know she will, you tell her: "ok hon, I'll get these instead. They are much nicer looking and they cost 5 grand less. Look at all the money we're saving. Why don't we go and buy you a nice piece of jewelry with that 5 grand we saved." It may cost you more for the speakers, but watching your wife eyeball her beautiful ring, while she's listening to how wonderful your new speakers sound, will be a good thing. Especially when she says (don't hold your breath on this one) "Hon, I can't believe what a great deal you got on these speakers."