Shelter 501mkii Cantilever Angle - Need Help

I purchased a Shelter 501mkii recently, and note that there isn't much clearence b/t the cartridge body and the record. I'd say 2mm or so. I'm wondering if this is normal. I think it would be difficult to track warped records with so little clearence, and am wondering if mine is allright. Shelter owners, if you don't mind, please take a look and tell me what kind of clearance yours has. Thanks, Peter S.
peter_s
Yes, it's just a piece of fabric glued around the motors. Sounds to me like you're okay.
Thanks Doug. I mean 2 mm between the small gray plastic piece that the cantilever actually comes out of. This piece sits below the black cartridge body. I assume that this is the dust shield?
If you mean there's 2mm between the record and the bottom corner of the dust shield, that's plenty. I have a 901 and am currently breaking in a friend's 901 while he's on holiday. Neither one has any more clearance than that, probably less.

If you really meant 2mm from record to cartridge body then something's seriously wrong.