Shanling CD S-100 vs: Music Hall CD25

Ok.. maybe someone can clear the confusion on these two players. To me they are identical, yet the Music Hall is selling for $600 US, and the Shanling CD S-100 is available for $650 CDN, ummm last time I checked this works to roughly $411 US.
I got my Shanling from the Harmonia Audio website, and found them to be really great to deal with. It's a great CD player for the money. Very clear and focused sounding.
Just don't expect it to be a Levinson killer, but it works wonderfully in my second system.
bigpoppakrell

Showing 3 responses by kmac29

Small corrections. Music Hall is the USA importer, not North American, of Shanling. Shanling has a seperate Canadian distributor which sell the CD S-100 at CDN650.00 or USD411.00. If they are the same unit, why is the CD25 sell for more than USD150.00 than the CD S-100. Just for a name?
Wow, all Chinese industry is state owned? I didn't know that. I thought it only happen 50 years ago. :) No wonder people tell me not to believe anything on the Internet.

And someone is saying "...Those Chinese are quite the capitalist pigs for a buncha communists, don't ya think?"

Confusing information.

The bottom line is the Music Hall CD25 IS the same as the Shanling CD S-100. Shall we let the consumers decide which way they would like to go?
Brf:

Sorry to being nosy, but I know www.harmonia-audio.com sell Shanling at CDN650.00.

I have heard the CD S-100. It's a damm good CDP for CDN650.00. It's simply silly to pay more if you can pay less for the same. That's why Wal-Mart exist.