Shahinian Obelisk vs VandersteenTreo

HI fellow ’goners.
I own the Shahinians, thinking of upgrading to the Treos. The Obelisks sound a little smallish for the room... And the room is not square, it's a big living area of a house, with access to the second floor's roof. 
Will this be an upgrade or just a sideward move?
Room approx 60m2, driven by Musical Fidelity A5.5, 250wpc at 8Ohm (thinking of replacing this one too).
Mostly jazz and acoustic music, less frequently - classical and pop.
Thanks!

ja_zz
 Well, the preamp is improving.  I put it up on sale anyway, so if it sells, will replace it.  If not - will try to live with it, replace the tube once again, maybe. I am not 100% happy with the sound yet: not spacious enough, also not perfect in terms of tonal balance. Replaced the speaker wires, the Nordost gives a brighter sound, which is as improvement in my case. 

What preamp are you considering, should you replace the CJ?
I have to say that since you changed tubes, you probably should give it a good 4-500 hours to settle in.
Bob
I was thinking Mcintosh D100, Meridian G02 OR a Mytek Brooklyn. One other option I was considering was a Cambridge Audio 851N.
3 out of 4 are DACs with volume regulator, the last one is a streamer  with this functionality too.
But the CJ is improving. If it keeps doing so maybe I will keep it. 
Privet comrades :-))

I really don’t know how to put it mildly, but I think I found part of the problem.
Since XLR output of my CHORD DAC64 is somewhat better, than RCA, I was using an XLR->RCA cable. Simple and handmade.
Well, I read in Stereophile review of this DAC that it outputs over 6V of signal out of its XLR out and a bit over 3V through RCA.
Well I replaced this cable with a simple RCA-RCA cable (an Atlas something). And... it shone. The system and the speakers.
Wow. A totally different sound. Open, natural, airy. I'm loving it :-)
Super!
Sometimes the simplest things make the most difference.
You might want to consider an Ayre Codex. It can function as a DAC or preamp, too.
B