Shahinian Obelisk Overhaul: burn-in period?

Hello to all fellow audiogoners!

I understand there are quite a few Shahinian owners here. I also saw some posts of the owners who had sent theirs to the manufacturer for an overhaul: bass driver replacement, midrange, tweeters, crossovers, etc.

I haven't had any Shahinian experience before getting my pair. So far, after two weeks of constant playback, they have indeed improved, but I still am not happy with their sound.

How long does it usually take for these speakers (with new polypropilene woofers) to burn-in?

Thanks for your advice.
ja_zz
Ebm,
Thanks. When I can, I use a Tara Labs burn-in CD, but the changes are so gradual it scares me.

Stingreen,
I am struggling to enjoy without criticism, but at this stage it is not happening (unfortunately).

My question was HOW LONG, as I thought this should happen much faster.

Anybody?
It can be a long time--I've seen reports of up to six months (try googling Shahinian speaker burn in to see some reports). But as an owner of Diapasons--and previously Obelisks---I think it's worth it in the end.

You don't say what's wrong with the sound, and I can't see your system, but another point to bear in mind is that the amplifier is critical---it needs to have high current and damping factor to control the drivers.

Finally, if your concerns persist I would call Vasken Shahinian and ask his advice directly. He's not always easy to get hold of, but he's very approachable when you do.

Best

David
Give me a call at 415 868-2103. I have replaced midranges and tweeters on a pair of Shahinian Hawks several times and will be happy to share my thoughts at length by phone. --Richard
Drobin07,
It's a Hegel H300 amp, specs are here:

http://www.hegel.com/products/integrated/h300

The sound is very schematical to my ears, I am mudding the overtones, instrument separation and ease of performance, especially with large orchestras, and especially at higher volumes. By "higher" I mean 50-60% loudness, higher volume is bearly bearable.

Rpfef,
I am out of town, will do my best to call you over this weekend, between 11am and 2pm, is this OK? And thanks for offering!
Mudding=missing in my previous post. T9 on mobile services is tricky at times. ..