SF Power 1 Integration

I'm starting a process of upgrades for my current system. I'm currently running an NAD 712 receiver with an NAD 513 CD player, MIT Terminator 5 Speaker Cables, Cardas Interconnects (can't remember which ones), and Paradigm Monitor 7 speakers. I am wanting to purchase a Sonic Frontiers Power 1 amplifier, and I'm wondering if I can integrate it now with what I have, or will have have to buy a new pre-amp before using it? It will be a slow upgrade process, but I plan to replace everything in my system at some point as the money becomes availble. Any suggestions or recommendations? Am I wasting my money buying this unit first?

Thanks.
helios909

Showing 1 response by helios909

The CD player seems to just have standard RCA outs and the NAD Link, so I'm not sure. It sounds like from Cxintx's post I should be able to use the receiver as a pre-amp for the time being.

Yes I also found that removing those NAD jumpers made a huge difference, and I replaced them with a 1ft peice of cardas cable.

I agree about the next upgrade being the CD player - it has always been the weakest link in my system. I have considered some nice integrated amp options, but I've always wanted the SFP1, and having a separate pre-amp and amp would ultimately be the way I want to go in the future. So rather than replace another component later on I feel this is a good way to go.