Set up for Rockport Aviors

Hello all, I’m in the market for new speakers. Rockport Aviors are on my list. I like accurate bass and I have limited room to move speakers around to optimize the bass. I currently have Vandersteen 5A’s and, of course, they have the ability to adjust the bass to accommodate one’s room without having to actually move the speakers. I’m a little worried about going with a speaker that does not have any adjustability to the bass – except by moving the speaker around. Looking for input from Avior owners on their experience in setting up their Aviors. My room is 22 ½’ X 17 1/2’ with an 8’ to 9’ foot ceiling (it varies). Listen spot is at 15’. Thanks for any input.
128x128keithmundy

Showing 3 responses by philb7777

I will follow this thread closely. I love my Avalon Eidolon Diamonds but I have been wanting to hear the Aviors for some time. I'm crossing my fingers they (or other Rockports) will be at RMAF 2014, as I will be going.

My room is similar to yours: 21 x 15 x 9ft. My Eidolons work well with that size and the Aviors are very similar in size.
Keith - hope to see you at RMAF. Unfortunately from the RMAF website, I can't find Rockport anywhere on it this year.
Ken, thanks for the invite. My daughter lives in LA (studio city) and I visit her about twice per year. I might be able to visit your store during one of those trips. I'll look for you at RMAF - would really like to talk more.