SET the best?

Is SET amplification where we should all end up? I keep reading posts where people tell of their journeys from plenty power to micro power, and how amazing SET amplification is 45 set 211 set 845 set otl, and usually, ....with the right speaker. I have yet to read of anyone who has gone the other direction from SET, to High watt beast class A amps or others.
If your speakers can be driven by minimal wattage, is this the most realistic, natural sound we can achieve? versus say, 86db sensitive speakers and a 1000w amp?
Is the end result solely based on speaker pairing? circuit? tubes?

I am in the process of changing my direction in my search for realistic sound, just because, and wondering if this really is the best direction to be going.
From what I have been reading I think it may be.

What do we get with SET? What do we give up?

What's you favorite color?
hanaleimike
It is interesting that one can box yourself in with a lower watt tube amp, and deny yourself the vast multitudes (and clear large margin majority) of 83 to 90db efficient speakers...I check efficiency in every review and simply say meh...it will be a while before I lose interest in efficiency, and I'm happy with the sound of my massive 12 watts into horns...the dynamics are there, the clarity is there, the musical "correctness" is there, and I'm there.
Good that works for you @wolf_garcia could not agree more with efficiency and the ability to use pretty much ANY amp
Yeah...close most of the speaker options and open up pretty much all the amp options. 
I learned the lesson of speaker efficiency a long time ago. When I hear systems that have low efficiency speakers and a high power amp, they sound 'little' compared to what I'm used to...
If you like what you hear with an SET based total system, and can afford it, then that's the way to go.  However, if low efficiency speakers make a come-back and you like their sound better than your SET based sound, you'l need some new electronics.