SET amp suggestions 1000$ or Integrated 2500$

Hi, I am thinking of changing directions, and flipping 180 degrees. I have decided to try out some efficient speakers and I'm a bit scared of having them hooked up to a 1000W McIntosh. I would love some suggestions for a SET or other low powered tube amp/ Integrated for the suggested prices above, so I can spend my next few sleepless nights reading and obsessing.
I currently have a Cary slp-98 and really like the sound although, I would be okay with selling it if I could get better performance from an integrated. I have also owned a sli-80 which I enjoyed, and is a consideration, but basically I know nothing about 5-22 watt tube amps, I have read about their strengths and weaknesses, but like most things in life you really have to try it yourself.

Thanks,
Mike
hanaleimike

Showing 1 response by vman71

Have you or do you have the ability to listen to set-up's similar to what you're considering? Maybe there's somebody in your local area who would let you listen to their set-up.

I love my Klipsch & John Hogan 6sn7/76/300B set-up.

There's a John Hogan SET right now on A'gon. Realize that they are not a "looker" but MAN, they deliver.