SET 45 Amp Driving Dynamic Speakers

I have an Antique Sound Labs Tulip SET amp running Emission Labs mesh plate 45s, driving Audio Note AN E speakers. It will play WAY louder than I want to listen, and the dynamics are amazing with all types of music.

Why do I keep reading that 45s (and other low power triodes) are only appropriate for horns, or other super efficient speakers? I think a real disservice has been done to the audiophile community by the propagation of this idea. IMO, anyone who prefers to listen to music at sane levels can enjoy the many benefits of a low power SET amp with carefully chosen dynamic speakers.

Anyone else feel this way/have similar experience?
tommylion
Thank you for this.
If you've heard the Cube Audio Nenuphar single driver speaker, I wondering if you can speak to how it compares sonically to the Charney.
The folks at AVS showrooms seem to like single-driver speakers and I've heard them speak of both of these speakers.  They really love the Nenuphar.  I'm quite familiar with it but not the Charney.  
I have not heard the Nenuphar.  I am certainly interested in that speaker because it has gotten some favorable comments.  My understanding is that it employs transmission line loading which means it will not be as efficient as the Charney speakers.  But, if it offers good sound, I am certainly interested.  I should have also mention that I have heard, and liked both Voxativ full-range systems and a few other full-range systems employing Voxativ drivers.

I am surprised how much improvement full-range systems have undergone in recent years.  I the past, I've generally liked systems employing "full range" drivers as wide-range drivers in multi-way systems, but, I did like pure one-driver only full-range systems.  The Voxativ system I heard changed my mind to some extent, and the Charney, even more so, has altered my view.  Now, I need to hear the Nenuphar.
Yes, it certainly isn't as efficient as the Charney or the AN-Es.  My 45 amp wasn't able to drive the Nenuphars.  I ended up using a 32 watt PSET.
Cost and room-size are limitations for me with regards to large horn systems.  I have, however, heard a few of these over the years and it was the sound, not the cost or size, that was the real deterrent.  The only horn that I've heard that I could happily live with is the Odeon 28/3 (and, I assume, their higher models).  Unfortunately, they are no more efficient than my AN-Es.  In fact, less so.  
The vast majority of horn-based systems, particularly modern systems, are not my personal ideal.  Many are excessively colored (nasal or shrill or ragged sounding) for my taste.  Among those that I like, would be the Avantguarde systems and Edgarhorn systems.  It has been a while since I heard and Odeon, and I thought it was okay back then.

But, certain older systems and new systems with certain vintage drivers sound very good to me.  I like old Western Electric compression midrange drivers and the various Japanese clones of these drivers.  These systems cannot be mass produced, so they really don't represent commercial alternatives to speakers like the AN-E.  
Yes, those vintage drivers and their Japanese clones are pricey. I haven't had the pleasure of hearing either.
I heard the Odeon in the same system as the Nenuphar. Neither was drivable by my 45.  When driven by a more powerful amp, I preferred the Odeon.  It sounded closer to my AN-Es but with more grunt, shove, and dynamics.  The Nenuphar presents a light, quick, and airy sound in comparison.