Seriously though, maybe the best tweak is exercise?

I posted, mostly in jest, before that cleaning your gear would yield fantastic sounding results. Yes, it was a joke, brought about by the fact that I thought the sound was better afterwards. Of course it was probably placebo ... but what if the actual cause is moderate exercise?

So, audiogoners, I challenge all of you to go out, put some bug spray on, and put your fancy iPhone or Android HR monitor to good use.  Then sit yourself and your sports drink down and listen.

Does it sound better?

erik_squires

Without a doubt vigorous exercise releases good brain chemicals and opens the mind. Music always sounds really good when I’m done. 

At the other end of the listening room I have an indoor bicycle. There’s also a 24" smart TV mounted to the front of the bike. Muted Youtube videos with the tunes crankin’ is the only way to pedal!

I can relate to what Whipsaw said about fasting and hearing. I'd even go so far as to say that the effects of fasting on hearing is generally more effective and noticeable, compared to exercise. Btw, the likely benefits just mentioned would tend to increase as one gets older or less healthy (hearing has to first get worse before it can have room to improve)