Sounds like the problem is in your amp. I would be curious to know what the voltage is at the end of the long extension cord when plugged into your neighbors house? Have you tried physically bringing the amp to your neighbors house and plugging the amp directly into one of his outlets? I bet you will experience the same problem. Maybe the protection circuit is overly sensitive and when you use a long extension cord you are dropping a few volts in the extension cord which allows your amp to turn on, Bringing the amp to your nieghbors house will prove or disprove this. In any case is sounds as if the amp may need service.
9 responses Add your response