Serious Krell amp question for those who really know Krell amps

I am currently driving a pair of Revel Salon 2's with a Krell Chorus 5200 as it awaits to be installed in a new HT setup. I'm using a Bricasti M1 to drive it. I had low to medium expectations about the Krell as I just don't remember my last Krell Evolution 302 sounding as musical and inviting as this multi channel 5200. I know hardcore Krell guys don't like the look, the sliding bias arrangement and the fans. So two questions:
1. For those who've really listened to one am I nuts? Great sound is great sound no matter how it's achieved. I really want to hear what other Krell guys think of the sound. Not the side issues.
2. Would it be reasonable to expect a stereo Chorus version to exceed this 5200 multi channel amp?
Ive been an audiophile for a very long time and this darn amp is really good. BTW I'm no dealer and have zero agenda.

While I have no first hand listening experience with the older Krells, I own the Krell Duo and Trio 300’s and absolutely love the sonic experience they provide. I don’t think there is a time I listen seriously and drive them a bit hard that I don’t have a smile on my face. 

not surprised. i thought the multi channel Chorus 5200 was really good. I do think Krell should return to the previous cosmetics. I think it’s really hurt them. However the current technology is great.