Separate subs for music and HT/surround

My stereo setup is comprised of Ayre 5/20 series digital hub, preamp and amp that drive KEF Ref 1s through a passive Marchand high-pass filter. For HT and surround, LR side and rear surround from an SP3 go to NAD Class D amps that drive LS50s. The SP3 receives HDMI from an Ayre DX-5 DSD, and its front LR output goes to a balanced by-pass input of the KX-5/20. I have two Velodyne SMS-1 bass managers that provide acoustic room correction, two HGS-10 subs, and two HGS-15 subs.

Question: Should I use one SMS-1 with the two HGS-10s for stereo and the other SMS-1 with the two HGS-15s for HT and surround music? I realize there are advocates for using 4 subs, and I could daisy-chain the SMS-1s, but separating the SMS-1s seems a neat way to keep stereo separate from HT.

db
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
Thanks for the information and suggestions, m-db.  The repaired subs should be installed Tuesday.  Using the equalized output from the SMS-1 during the setup process revealed the in-room acoustic response of the KEF Ref 1s in the 15-200 Hz region before I unmuted the subs, an unexpected benefit.  I'll try to dig more deeply into the SMS-1.

db
db, I forgot to mention Velodyne Acoustics may have suspended their audio related production due to successes with Velodyne LiDAR.  

Keep a list of any third party service providers and print any pertinent manual and wiring information from the site I linked in my previous post. Under Service the site lists two service providers. One on the east coast the other in the LA area. They may be the only access to actual product wiring diagrams.   
I used George Meyer on Jefferson Blvd in the Baldwin Hills area of LA.  The cost seems reasonable.
Good. Being in California they may be the best knowledge source going forward.

I found a contact in Los Banos who seems to discounting their remaining new stock which seems to be located in Fremont CA. 
The four subs, 2 Velodyne HGS-10s and 2 HGS-15s, are installed and the SMS-1s daisy-chained, although I'll need some help in relocating each HGS-15s from a corner to behind the Ref 1s.  I did an initial set up of the SMS-1s, but it will need to be redone when the subs are moved into place.   I need to read the manual carefully, because there are subtle  parametric adjustments I do not yet fully understand.  One notable change with the additional subs is the elimination of the mild roll-off from 20 and 15 Hz.  A first listen suggests the four sub array might sound superb.

db