Separate Amp for AV receiver

I have a Denon Receiver, AVXR4300H. Not happy with it. I'm considering an inexpensive 7.2 channel amp to see if it will help. Does anyone have a recommendation.
chastheo
@millercarbon summarized it succinctly …. Point, set, and match in tennis match jargon.

Everything in this hobby is built to its price point, without prejudice to AVR’s suffering material audio compromises as primarily video gear with everything complimentary being stuffed into a limited space unibox. . The mass-market AVR’s have limited power supplies as a major culprit.

The DENON AVR-X4300H is (was - now discontinued…) only an upper-mid range AVR with an RRP of $2,999. It was never designed nor built to perform at Hi-Fi strata audio performance .

I concur with all the prior posts that AVR’s comparatively suffer in audio performance. Adding an external power amp now still won’t compensate for its inherent design and build limitations.
 I agree, separates are the way, I guess when I purchased this about five years ago I was hoping it would perform as well as my old Yamaha A1. Not even close. I'll start looking into a new AV system. What do you think about Emotiva?
I'm looking at my avr-x4300H right now and it gets the job done for movie sound.  !  . Only !! 

Oh nuts you got MC going again.
You'd better buy a Raven before his lid flips.

On another note the only legitimate surround sound is 4.0 or 5.1.
On up is gimmicks to sell crap to dummies.
Most movies and music is not mixed above 5.1.

I’ve had at least ten receivers over the years, and find very modest to minimal gains from ‘upgrading’ or changing receivers themselves (WRT SQ, changing for features understandable). I did however get more noticeable improvements adding an outboard amp - more some than others, dependent both upon the receiver and amp in question. But of course it can’t fix all the AVR’s problems.