Senior Audiophiles - Audiophile since the 60-70's?

How many Senior (true) Audiophiles do we have here since the 70's or prior?

What was your favorite decade and why?

What are your thoughts of the current state of Audio?

Would you trade your current system for a past system?
brianmgrarcom

Showing 1 response by thell1454

( I date back to the early fifties 52 or there abouts.

No I would not trade my Altec Lansing A7 Sperakers which I have had since the early 60s they still sound very good infact I found a third A7 for the center channel in my theatre. In the back I have two Altec lansing "Monitors: with 12 inch speakers and they too sound better and more pleasant than any other speakers I have heard. The new speakers seem so "brittle" and not at all warm.and that is in comparison with a very very efficient and sharp present sounding speaker which the altecs are. But I would like to find a speaker that will play low frequency organ music better and with more "feeling" than my current cerwin vega 15 inch sub woofer inbcluded in my present system even tho it is good I think I need to move more air to give good organ recordings the massive large (not loud ) sound which you feel when attending an organ concert in a church with a real large pipe organ. Does any one have suggerastions on how to get that "LARGE" Massive Sound ??? what speaker do I need?? I was thinking the old EV six foot tall I think Patrician double corner speaker from the fiftys. Would like any suggestions. Thanks
Thell Woods e-mail [email protected]