SELLING IT ALL

Hi, all: I am in East Texas. My husband has so much equipment I can’t even spreadsheet it all. He is now in a nursing home with dementia and will not be coming home. I want to sell all the equipment, and am a motivated seller. Some of the brands: Marantz, Bryston, Linn Klout, Linn Kairn, Linn Magic, Linn Keil, Parasound, Theil, Klipsch, Polk Audio, Cambridge, Audio Research. Then lower end stuff like Sony, Yamaha, Onkyo, Teac, etc. Miles of cables/interconnects (Audio Magic, Audio Quest, Toslink, and others -- hard to inventory. Best ones are not on this list because they are behind equipment.) Lots of power wedges. DACs, power conditioners, and misc. other stuff like racks.
it.
bastereo
Remind me to amend my advanced medical directive to have my gear moved with me until I'm in the ground.  And my will to bequeath it to someone who cares.
@anzaanimalclinic 

Your comment is so out of place here.  Why do you feel the need to bring negativity to a thread where lots of nice people are trying to help a lady in need with a debilitated husband?  
@bastereo   

I am actually nearby, in Lufkin, and would be interested in working with you on this.  My take on it would be to give you a fair price for the whole lot of it.  It is good that you inventory it, and there are tools that are found online that may be useful to approximate value.  Someone likely in this thread has pointed you to such a tool, something like the 'audio blue book' is the name of one such tool.

If you want to discuss this with me further, please do not hesitate to reach out.  If we can make a deal on it all, i will pay cash at time of transfer.

Sorry for your loss and I hope this liquidation goes ok for you, be careful though.  
I belong to a private Facebook group called Audiophile Swap and Shop. I haven't bought or sold there yet, but this could be a good place to list at least some of your equipment. You could require that people come to you to haul the stuff away, or you could offer to ship the smaller pieces. I am planning to attempt to sell my old Thiel speakers there. 

Here's the address:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1742722662620198
Sorry to hear about your husband. He spent years accumulating his collection and spent a good amount of your assets on it. Good news is that this is worth good money if it is in good working condition. Don't dump it in a huge rush to a reseller and leave a lot of money on the table.

If you have the manuals and boxes, you might also have the receipts. Get in touch with someone fairly local who he bought from and see if he will sell them for you and take a 20% or so commission, so he has interest in moving it for good money. They also generate additional traffic for him. If he is trustworthy, let him take all the stuff out of there now and store it. I've been charged 20-40% for the service. I regret doing the 40%, but I was really urgent in wanting the piece replacing the box I was letting him sell. He wants to make 40% on anything he sells, new or used. If you don't sell it one by one (or very small lots), you will take a hit.

You don't want Craig's list - it is filled with criminals, and you don't want to sell to people like us directly, we'll drive you nuts.